Friday, November 2, 2012

Accentuate the Positive OPK

It seems sort of cruel that I still can't be happy about the follicle and +OPK. In the back of my mind I'm afraid they're just machinations of my PCOS, because some women suffering from PCOS get constant positives on ovulation tests.

Why?

Because ovulation predictor tests will detect a surge in luteinizing hormone (LH) which is produced by the pituitary. Some women with PCOS will have a constant or near-constant elevation of this hormone.

I have to keep telling myself that this is my first positive in almost a year. It's probably not a cyst, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be. I keep falling back on the negative and I know that I shouldn't.  I guess we'll have to wait and see. My next ultrasound for the study was bumped up to Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I'm not a praying sort of person, but I'm hoping for a collapsed follicle by then.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment