Wednesday, February 6, 2013

IF Is A Headache. No, REALLY!

I'm (hopefully) at the end of Cycle 9, because I'm taking my last dose of Provera today. My hope is that I withdraw soon, and can complete any ultrasounds (and hopefully trigger!) by the end of the month, when we have a little vacation planned.

I am no stranger to Provera, but it's really kicking my ass this time. Headaches. Oh god, the headaches. I cannot recall feeling this tired or moody in a long time, none of which I could attribute to the Provera anyway. Last night, I fell asleep (while sitting up) doing a crossword with my husband - at 8:30. This morning I hit the snooze bar a total of four times, meaning that I slept about 40 minutes longer than I had intended to. I have zero energy. It doesn't matter if I have coffee or not, I'm just incredibly exhausted.

Since the first time I took a round of Provera during this "journey" of mine (I seriously hate calling it that) I've had a bit of a paranoia with it. I took an ovulation test out of boredom after taking the first Provera dose, and the test was positive. I called my OB who told me that I need to ignore it, not have sex and to just wait it out. Now I always have the thought of "What if?" when I take it. What if I just ovulated really late, fertilized an egg and am now getting rid of it with the Provera? I often ask myself, am I being impatient? I see people talking about going 70, 80 or even 100 days for a cycle - and here I am taking Provera at day 42 (doctor's orders, since we saw no response).

I'm actually taking a day off on Friday to sleep a bunch and have a leisurely day with no real obligations. I will most likely end up bored and lonely, but I need the quiet. Plus, I have an obscene amount of sick days.

No comments:

Post a Comment